A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2007/05/27

2007-05-27 Cyp montanum in Northern OR

Back in Northern Oregon, I went to visit my population of Cyp montanum on Mount Hood. There was a hot spell known as May here in Oregon and temps were 10 to 15F over the average almost every day. By June, we are now 10F below average almost every day. None-the-less, the Cyp montanum were ahead of schedule by about a week and I missed peak flower quality. I still got a few shots.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Notice the wasp coming in for a landing.
Photobucket
There was an abundance of spiders this year!
Photobucket
My favorite plant. He always is a single nice stem with a good round flower. Last year, the flower was eaten by a deer.

Photobucket

No comments: