A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2009/05/10

2009-05-10 Mothersday Hike in WA

Eastern Washington is a desert, receiving less than 10in of rain annually; however, the sageland looks pretty for about 5 minutes in early May.

Phlox covers the hills.
Photobucket

Covers!
Photobucket

I'm a sucker for white.
Photobucket

This is when the few bulbs that are out there bloom. This is a Brodiaea. There's also a Calochortus (macrocarpa) that's native, but it's very rare and blooms in June.
Photobucket

Blue Delphinium.
Photobucket

Purple Delphinium.
Photobucket

On top of the mountain, Lupine.
Photobucket

A green paintbrush, Castilleja thompsonii, I think.
Photobucket

A yellow daisy.
Photobucket

No comments: