A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2009/06/30

2009-06-30 Mt Hood

Found myself driving up to the mountain with a single minded purpose: find Drosera anglica. Also, enjoy a hike. So, not so singleminded.

Fortunately for me, I had my ulterior motive because I failed to find a single plant! Next time.

First stop: Government camp bog.

Castilleja
Photobucket

Platanthera
Photobucket

Next stop, Mirror Lake. This is the trail head along Hwy26 just before Government Camp that is always packed, no matter what the day of the week or time of day. I'd never been to see what all the fuss was about!

It turns out that after an easy <2mi climb, there's a lake!
Photobucket

A different Castilleja
Photobucket

Beargrass
Photobucket

Blue butterfly
Photobucket

Rhododendron macrophyllum
Photobucket

No comments: