A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2009/07/25

2009-07 Late July around the yard

Just a couple of pictures before I shut down because of the heat! It's going to be 100F out this week. Fortunately, Portland usually only has two weeks per year that it ever hits 100: the last week of July and the First week of August... right on schedule. And I have so much work to do too! Stupid Summer.

I've built all the bench frames for my greenhouse, though some need some slats for the top still. Here's one...
Photobucket

One of the tiniest flowers I've grown, Eschscholzia caespitosa (I think).
Photobucket

Another of the tiniest flowers, Mimulus guttatus (I think), the tiny kind.
Photobucket

Another tiny one, one of my Neo's, 'Shoujou'.
Photobucket

Last, something that isn't so tiny, the orchid I've had the longest: Oncidium 'Sherry Baby' (I think). I took a single rootless pseudobulb out of the trashcan at Maplethorpe Orchids in Santa Cruz in Spring 2000 when I was a penniless college student. Now, it has 13 spikes, up from 11 last year, and it desperately needs a bigger pot.
Photobucket

Now I just have to keep all my plants alive through the deathly heat to come... How soon is October!? (That's not soon enough!)

No comments: