A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2010/10/22

2010-10-22 Around the yard

Just a couple things before the cold sets in.

It's a Common Longsquirrel.
Photobucket

All of my tropicals are still blooming, including the Plumeria. Not for much longer, tho.
Photobucket

Lisa's newest plant, Masdevallia Aquarius.
Photobucket

My Oxalis lupinifolia is blooming in the greenhouse for the first time. Very cute.
Photobucket

One of the Protea repens that I started in October 2007 is about to open its first flowers. This will be the very first Protea I've ever bloomed! I'll post more when something actually happens.
Photobucket

BTW, I don't know if the cool summer affected anyone else's Protea's, but mine didn't grow during their usual June growing season and are putting out new leaves right now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That squirrel picture is wonderful! :)