A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2012/06/16

2012-06-14 Around the Yard

I've decided that this is really Bletilla 'Yokohama', the hybrid of striata and formosana, rather than pure formosana. So I planted it.
Photobucket

My Calochortus clavatus is gorgeous.
Photobucket

I like this new little Digitalis obscura I found at a local nursery. It has sharp, evergreen linear leaves like a bromeliad.
Photobucket

I put the Epipactis gigantea in the bog. It's not gigantic yet: it's less than a foot tall!
Photobucket

Eremurus 'Cleopatra' is starting to open.
Photobucket

A nice Lilium pardalinum from a friend. My own seed grown plants, started in 2008 or 2009, are going to have their first flowers this year too.
Photobucket

Some Eriophyllum lanatum that I started from seed from Southern Oregon in 2010. Really filling in.
Photobucket

A Peony that came with the house.
Photobucket

Penstemon cardinalis from Hardy Plant sale.
Photobucket

Penstemon eatonii, from seed.
Photobucket

Penstemon fructescens, from seed from Mt Hood.
Photobucket

A little Primula capitata mooreana.
Photobucket

The Sarracenia rubra jonesii are blooming well in the bog. I bought most of my Sarracenia in 2006 or so: an oreophila, a rubra, a rubra jonesii, a leucophylla and then later a flava cuprea. These 6 year old plants grew into a bog-full!
Photobucket

No comments: