A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2010/04/23

2010-04-23 Bovee's

My tiny little pygmy Drosera bloomed this spring, and the flowers were almost as exciting as you might imagine from a plant the size of a penny. Almost. The one below, Drosera callistos has a flower that is wider than the plant itself. The downside to this flower is that it is only open for 5hrs before fading. Ugh. Luckily I remembered the camera today!

Photobucket

Visited Bovee's Nursery, as I am wont to do. It's only about 10 minutes from where I work, and so is a relaxing stopping place after a long day of grading. Bunch of stuff is in bloom.

Lewisia cotyledon
Photobucket

My favorite Lewisia: tweedyi. Gonna get one from "Rare Plant Research", a nursery down by Clackamas on their May 15-16 open garden.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Menziesia ciliicalyx, one of my favorite names to say, along with Metasequoia glyptostroboides and Strongylodon macrobotrys.
Photobucket

Bovee's Specializes in Rhodododendron and it's Rhodie season!

25ft tall.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

R lueteum?
Photobucket

Photobucket

R bakeri?
Photobucket

Vireya's: Tropical Rhododendron from SE Asia, and hybrids.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lemon Lovely
Photobucket

R javanicum
Photobucket

R himantodes
Photobucket

V744 John West
Photobucket

No comments: