A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2010/05/09

05-09-2010 Mother's Day

Lovely Mother's Day Hike. We visited a few places and even got my parents to come along to enjoy the sights.

One of the trails.
Photobucket

Calypso bulbosa occidentalis at the end of its season.
Photobucket

Even the Balsamorhiza looked a little bedraggled. Does anyone know an easy way to tell B sagittata from B deltoides?
Photobucket

The Cypripedium fasciculatum that I've been following for 4 years is looking very good this year!
Photobucket

Photobucket

First Castilleja of the season. I think it's C. chromosa.
Photobucket

Finally correctly ID'ed this as Dichelostemma congestum. I still have trouble with the whole Brodiaea, Dichelostemma, Trietellia, Allium look-alike group...
Photobucket

Some Lupine.
Photobucket

A wall of Sedum spathulifolium.
Photobucket

Closeup.
Photobucket

Astragalus reventiformis, I think. Although it could be A hoodianus. What a funny name. Almost as funny as Penstemon whippleanus. But I digress.
Photobucket

Last, a Silene hookeri blooming in the greenhouse. Another one is about to open too!
Photobucket

No comments: