A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2010/05/16

2010-05-15 Rare Plant Research

First, I thought I'd share the book I graded on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So much red. *sigh* Overall, they did very well, though.
Photobucket

My Sarracenia are coming into bloom. Sarracenia flava cuprea is first.
Photobucket

Next, Rare Plant Research Nursery: This Nursery is open exactly 3 days per year. Great stuff. Apparently, he used to grow a bunch of Caudiciformes... Adenia fruiticosa in flower.
Photobucket

In fruit...
Photobucket

And other tropicalesque business like this Cristate Euphorbia
Photobucket

And this vine: Dalechampia dioscoreifolia.
Photobucket

Hawarthia
Photobucket

Aloe
Photobucket

Only complaint: NOTHING HAD TAGS! So, I was like, "Ooo. Neat it's a... another NOID for the stack to look up when I get home, somehow. hooray."

Bromeliad garden
Photobucket

Echevaria
Photobucket

But, they specialized in Lewisia! So I finally got my L. tweedyi! Two of them. For a good price! Out of bloom... So I had to wade through the half acre of Lewisia looking for a plant that is out of bloom but with slightly different leaves than all the rest: Of course I found some ;-) Here's their field of Lewisia in bloom.
Photobucket

Some close-ups.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had quite a few South African bulbs... again, no names...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Some Mesemb?
Photobucket

A Tillandsia.
Photobucket

Overall, a very nice place :-)
Photobucket

No comments: