A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

2010/12/17

2010-12-17 Lyon Arboretum again

Last time we were rushed through the arboretum because it closes at 4pm...

There were lots of various ginger things. These were about 18in tall.
Photobucket

My favorite native Hawaiian plant: Metrosideros polymorpha.
Photobucket

Emphasis on the poly: the lemon yellow form.
Photobucket

Tacca chantrieri. Black Bat flower.
Photobucket

Something tropicalesque.
Photobucket

The plant this was on looked a lot like a Podocarpus... it obviously isn't... Don't know what the heck it is, though.
Photobucket

Hey, I have one of those... not quite that big, but close.
Photobucket

No comments: