A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

Blog Archive

2012/05/02

2012-05-02 Planted and Mulched

Finally planted all the stuff we have for the back yard! Obviously still need about 100 perennials, but those will come with time. I'm still looking for about 5 small shrubs that I can't seem to find yet. I'm hoping that when summer arrives, they'll be in stock somewhere. Also, Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden, in SE Portland, is having a plant sale Over mother's day weekend, 9-5 both days, that I'll plan on grabbing a couple of interesting fragrant Rhodies.

The lower garden. Gets a good bit of shade, especially when the Davidia gets bigger. This is the most sheltered place in our garden, so this is where our most tender plants have to go. Not much space...
Photobucket

The shrub border up in the main yard. Lots of interesting things planted in here. It'll look great when they all fill in.
Photobucket

On a side note, my Rhododendron williamsianum that I got at the hardy plant sale last year is doing well. Good bronze new growth. Maybe flowers next year...? Gets planted in the front yard.
Photobucket

Delphinium nudicaule from seed is opening for the first time.
Photobucket

My Cypripediums are all starting to come up! Hooray! I do hope to plant some of these in the front gardens, where it's slightly shadier, one day in the future. All we have to do before that is tear out the plants/grass, build a giant rock wall, add irrigation, build the rock garden, a pergola or two, prepare a well drained bed and then plant. Oh, and also the South Africa garden on the side... that needs to happen too. Sigh...
Photobucket

Will post again once the grass is in.

No comments: