A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

Blog Archive

2012/05/28

2012-05-28 Around the Yard

A couple nice things are open now. Cypripedium pubescens, for a starter. I've had this for many years, but it declined during our 2008 move and the subsequent 2008 winter. Down to just one blooming stem, up from one not blooming stem last year and the year before.
Photobucket

My Phyteuma scheuzeri is open. Very cute little buds that look like horns.
Photobucket

More Phyteuma.
Photobucket

Seed grown Ixia scillaris from Silverhill Seeds. I was hoping for a more maroon flower, but it ended up pink.
Photobucket

Aulax cancellata is blooming for the first time. It has long pine-like needles and fragrant, but a bit musky, flowers.
Photobucket

x Halimiocistus wintonensis Merrist Wood Cream. A lovely little intergeneric.
Photobucket

Calochortus superbus.
Photobucket

I think this is Iris 'Moon Glow'
Photobucket

That's all for now.

No comments: