A blog of my botanical misdeeds and potentially interesting floral photos. All Photos Copyright Ross Kouzes

About Me

My photo
This is a blog dedicated to interesting flora and the yard projects I undertake to make their cultivation possible.

Blog Archive

2012/05/21

2012-05-21 Cypripediums for sale locally

The Gardener's Choice Nursery, on Hwy 99W in Tigard, has blooming Cypripedium kentuckiense and reginae (and an ugly macranthos hybrid) for sale, many with two or more blooms. You don't often see large sized Cyps at your average corner nursery, so this is something special. So special that each pot is going to run you $80 to $90. It's what they're worth pretty much anywhere for plants with multiple stems and multiple flowers so you're not really getting robbed as much as you might think. No, I didn't buy any: I have hundreds of seedlings already. Though I was tempted...

Photobucket

No comments: